Have you ever noticed how light you feel when you donate old clothes you haven't worn in years? The same is true for our emotions and even people, habits, and other things in our lives that are not physical.
A good time to release attachments is at the changing of the seasons. As the seasons change, we can invite new energy in - but we must first make space for it to grow. This is done through the process of letting go.
At the next turning of the season, invite yourself to take items in your life on a physical and energetic level. What is in the physical space you inhabit that you no longer need or is not serving your greatest good?
It could be an addiction, a relationship or several things you want to let go of. However, it is best to focus on one at a time so that you become clear on your goal of letting go.
Now when you've decided what you're ready to let go of and release the weight of that baggage holding you down and back from your true potential, you can practice a guided visualisation letting go meditation technique.
How to Release Attachments Through Meditation:
1. Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes and feel into your body. Notice what your body feels like- does it feel heavy, sluggish, tight?
2. Visualise yourself immersed in pure white light. Then imagine whatever it is you wish to release as black smoke.
3. Begin to deepen your breath. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
4. As you inhale, breathe in the pure white light. As you exhale, breathe out the toxic black smoke letting it disappear.
5. Repeat this process until you feel completely clear and free of the black smoke that is weighing you down, for however long you need to do it.
6. Then take notice of how you feel afterward- notice how your body feels- if the quality of anything has changed- in particular, if you feel lighter physically or energetically
After the meditation, invite yourself to journal about how your newfound sense of lightness feels like and how it felt to let go of unneeded baggage. Write a new vision out for yourself so that you can consciously create the life you desire without repeating mistakes from the past.